- Do Dance Instructors need a license? No, not in the state of Arizona! This is even more reason to investigate the teacher and the studio you are considering.
- When should my child begin dance classes? Children’s dance education can begin as early as the age of three, when they have the motor skills to participate in dance class. Each child grows at his/her own pace – some are more physical while others are more verbal. Our Combo Program begins with Ballet for Posture and Turn-out, Tap for Rhythm & Musical Timing, and Tumbling for flexibility and strength to improve balance and coordination. Children are like sponges, eager to learn. However, bad habits can easily form during those first few years of dancing school. A proper formal dance education is most important in the formative years.
- Should my son take dance? Yes! It is equally important for boys to have the same opportunity to learn rhythm & timing, coordination, classroom etiquette and an appreciation for the performing arts. Dance will increase strength and flexibility, building a strong, healthy body that will help with all future sports programs and professions.
- Should my child take private lessons? Class lessons are best for your child for he/she will learn to work in unison with a group. The competition between class mates is good for the dance student and will make them grow into a more enthusiastic dancer. Good work habits will be formed through the cooperation, teaching your child to live with people in harmony all through life.
Private Lessons here at Tempe Dance are available for those interested. Privates are most commonly used to learn choreography for select dancers. They can often be used to play catch up when transferring from another studio or missing classes.
- When will my child begin Pointe training? Young dancers are always enthusiastic about beginning dancing en Pointe too soon. If a child has had good ballet training she will begin Pointe work around the age of 10 or 11. If care is not taken, lifelong disabilities can result from starting Pointe before supple bodies are strong enough and muscles are properly developed.
- Why is Ballet so important to dancers? Ballet is the foundation of all other dance forms. This art of dance was born in the18th Century and has continued to evolve into today’s world renowned entertainment. Ballet technique is written in French, the traditional language of dance. By learning the correct terminology of each dance movement will be easier to execute. Dancers are only made through hours of practicing technique to perfect control of every part of the mind and body. Congratulation to you, Parents, for giving your child a chance to build a beautiful, strong, healthy body & mind and to enter into the art of dancing.
- Why Should I Choose This School? Because your child deserves the best! Tempe Dance Academy will enhance your family’s life. We offer every child opportunities to grow, to learn, to see the world. We realize that not every child has the drive, determination or natural talent to become a professional dancer. However, we believe that every child deserves the chance to try! It is a huge misconception that Tempe Dance Academy is for the serious or advanced student. This is simply not true… we cater to the preschool beginner and instill a love for dance and lifetime respect for the performing arts. No other studio in Arizona can come close to producing the number of successful employable professional dancers that we have! What more could you want? A safe happy environment where you can feel the excitement and energy in the atmosphere! A great place to learn a better place to grow up!!!